Without Reservation!

Image by Heather O'Brien from Pixabay

 I wish I knew how to describe the beauty of relationship with God Who loves me without reservation. Without reservation! What a wonderful, beautiful truth! God, who through Jesus is literally perfection personified, loves me unconditionally and without reservation!

It's difficult to comprehend and even more difficult to describe. There is a a difference between saying "God is loving" and "God is love." God is loving describes something that God does, He loves. God is love describes Who He is.

That love without reservation is a love that is aimed at bringing me my highest good, it is a love that sacrificed beyond human comprehension for my benefit, it is a love that causes Him to sing over me (Zephaniah 3;17),  that gives itself in relationship to me wholeheartedly, it is unconditional, it is a love that is always present, it is a love that takes away all fear (1 John 4:18) and when all that's done it loves me more.

In practical terms it has meant His arms wrapped around me when I could not hold myself up. It has been His whisper in my ear that He was there when everything I knew seemed to be falling away. It is watching in wonder as He restores what the "locusts" have eaten (Joel 2:25) It is the song in my heart when I awake in the morning, knowing that I get to do the things, to live the life that I was created for. For it is in living out the purpose He created me for that the longings in my heart are fulfilled and glory is brought to Him. It is in the songs of the birds in the trees, the flowers blooming in all their beauty, the smile of baby, the laughter of a child. It is knowing that He is hearing my prayers as I pray for those close to my heart. 

It is simply knowing that, no matter what happens around me, He is Who He say He is, and I am safe with Him.


Comments