Even If . . .


 If we are thrown into the blazing furnace, the God we serve is able to deliver us from it, and He will deliver us from Your Majesty's hand. But even if He does not, we want you to know, Your Majesty, that we will not serve your gods or worship the image of gold you have set up.  ~ Daniel 3:17-18

I think of this passage, this story, this piece of history so often. My Heavenly Father has a habit of not answering prayers the way I think He should. And, in those moments when I don't understand what He is doing, I have to know that, whether I see it or not, He has a plan. And the plans of the God of Life, the God of Love, the God Who has no beginning and no end, are far better than any plans I could ever dream of.

So, in those times, sometimes seasons, when it seems there is no deliverance, I am learning to wait with trust and expectation, knowing He has a plan far better than any of mine.

The song Even If by MercyMe expresses this well.

Comments